Monday, March 7, 2011

Terwilliger Blvd. Love

Sunday's run entailed almost 6.5 miles on the local roller-coaster known as Terwilliger Blvd. The hills certainly lived up to their reputation; I surprised myself on just how well I managed. I wasn't quite the rockstar powerhouse on the ups, but if I wasn't running, I maintained a pretty strong walking pace. Besides a little residual soreness, I felt great.

The Most Excellent Jenn and her friend Nikki accompanied me; it was very encouraging to "pep-talk" each other up and over the steep parts. I really enjoy running with friends and I hope Nikki decides to join our weekend runs on a regular basis. It's exactly what I need.

This coming Sunday is Shamrock, and Jenn and Nikki and I are going for the 15K. We hope to not to be part of the sweeper crew leading up The Rear Guard; with any luck we'll power through it just like we did yesterday.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Awesome!

Rhonda said...

P.S. I love the new look and the fonts on your blog!