Friday, March 2, 2012

The Friday Five

  1. Almost didn't pry myself out of bed this morning to go to the gym, but common sense won. As per usual, didn't regret my 4.3 mile run even one little tiny bit (even if it was on a treadmill.)
  2. It's getting lighter earlier, and staying lighter later. This is very exciting, because that means it won't be too long before I can stop having to run on the treadmill all the effing time.
  3. As a corollary to #2, I really should invest in some reflective running clothes, and this. And stop being such a weenie about running outside before it gets light.
  4. Sunday is the Ft. Vancouver Run. I am doing the 10K, and my goal for this race is to walk only through the water stops. Even if it means 15-minute miles while I'm running. Psychologically, this would be a big deal to me. Nicholas is going to run in the kid's race, too. And - bonus! The weather is supposed to be partly sunny and nearly 60 degrees. One cannot ask for better running conditions, oh no they can't!
  5. And last but not least - but the most exciting/nervewracking/only potentially disastrous thing - I have signed up for the Seattle Marathon on Nov. 25th. As in, the Full Meal Deal. The Whole Enchilada. All Nine Yards (or in this case, 46,112 yards!) The course is hilly, although not treacherously so, and the really sweet spot is the out and back on the I-90 floating bridge:
Sorry, Jenn - but this will be made of all SORTS of awesome!

I think I said at one point in an earlier post that I wasn't going to do a full this year, but....I reserve the right to change my mind. 

So, yeah - there ya go.

Happy Running, Friends! Get some good miles in this weekend (especially on Sunday in the great weather!)

1 comment:

Karen J. Brady said...

WOOOHOO!! Good luck with your training for your marathon and congrats on getting out to run! Even if it is on a treadmill (which is how I've been getting most of my runs in this winter). I hate it, but it's a necessary evil. I, however, refuse to run in the dark by myself despite a lamp or reflective clothing. Mostly because I am a female and would rather play it safe.