1. Tomorrow Jenn and I are headed to Eugene, as Sunday is the Eugene Women's Half Marathon. I feel extremely unprepared for this, somehow. There hasn't been much running for the past two weeks. It's supposed to reach 90 degrees, according to the last forecast I saw. The race doesn't start until 8am, which means it probably will have hit 80 or even a bit higher by the time we're done. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit brutal.
2. The first Ducks football game of the season is tomorrow. This is good. Pound those Tigers!! I know this has zero to do with running, but this is my list, so deal with it.
3. Even though this half is going to be tough, I am looking forward to it. It's been a while since I've done a training run with benefits. (Bling and t-shirts, people! Bling and t-shirts! Get those minds out of the gutter!)
4. Even more ominous is the Portland Marathon, which will occur in 36 days. The longest current training run so far.....? 11 miles. Sunday will obviously bump that number up a tad, but from there on out it's white-knuckle time - two 16-milers, an 18-miler and a 10K chaser as the taper. I hope it's enough to prevent my untimely demise on Oct. 9th.
5. Did I mention it's supposed to hit 90 flippin' degrees on Sunday...?????