Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hoppin' on the Three Things Thursday bandwagon.....

  1. Well. This morning's workout, albeit on a treadmill, totally rocked. I am definitely getting stronger, and slowly, second by second, getting faster. Being on the treadmill didn't really suck any less than it normally does, but whoa nelly - ! did I push it on through and work up a truckload of sweat, and I always feel seriously bad-ass when I sweat a lot. All body-parts - especially the legs - felt super-good and the cardio was right there along with them, playing nice.  I managed 5K in just under 40 minutes (39:50) which for me, is pretty darned good, and then 4 miles in 52:00, and then 5.3 miles in 1:10. Only 3 short walk breaks, about a minute/minute and a half long. My short-range goal (end of the year? End of January?) is to get to 5 miles in an hour - seems like I am well on my way.
  2. My current pair of running shorts - a crazy-comfy pair of cotton/spandex Danskins - is already developing holes along the inseams, and I've had them less than six weeks. This really ticks me off because a) they're barely used, especially by the standards to which I generally hold the running clothes that I buy and b) they are my single and sole pair of running shorts at the moment. And we are broker than broke. This is just not acceptable. No choice but to buy a new pair before the marathon, because no way, no how will my current shorts hold up through two more weeks of running (including an 18-miler) and then through 6+ friction-filled hours in one day. Either I need to find shorts with industrial-strength inseams, or I need seriously smaller thighs. Upon reflection, I know which option I would choose if I actually had a choice....
  3. And speaking of disintegrating running accouterments - the left shoe of my trusty Asics has developed a hole in the mesh lining near my big toe. I bought them in late April and they are wearing out fast - looks like I can take them through the marathon (like I have a choice - are we detecting a theme here??) and then I'll be looking at replacing those. I need a sponsor..................Asics? Brooks? Addidas?  Anyone? ..................  

          Bueller?

1 comment:

The CilleyGirl said...

Duct tape! Clearly the answer to all your running problems ;)

We could go haunt a couple of thrift stores this weekend looking for replacement shorts. I've found a few excellent running pieces that way.