Friday, February 10, 2012

Rubber, Meet Road

So....I didn't work out yesterday morning, therefore I spent a sweaty 50 minutes on the treadmill after work last night.

I didn't work out this morning either, but I didn't have time to go to the gym after work. In any case, I probably need to chill out for a day or so anyway, and I say this with complete confidence that it is not an excuse. Going from zero to a hundred in only a week can be asking for trouble.

When I woke up this morning, I could feel the outer, prickling edges of The Mood.

Yes, that mood.

The same mood that tends to creep in at fairly predictable intervals after I've decided this will be the last time I have to go on a serious weight loss regimen. The mood that numbs me into no longer caring about what I shovel in my mouth, because by God, I am sick of having to think about it, and it's just not fair that I can't have that huge handful of M&M's and a cheeseburger and a nice big bowl of ice cream without unwanted consequences.

But I thought about my goals, and I thought about what I would be thinking if I caved in. And I read an inspirational story I found on the web.

And then I put on my big girl panties and ate sensibly for the entire day.

I won't run again until Sunday, when I do the 5K.

And then next week, it's Game On, Continued.

2 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

Congrats on battling that tempting inner voice and putting on your big girl panties! I've been TRYING to do that lately, for the first time in my life, and it is so hard!

Jules said...

Hardest thing I've ever done.

Or at least it must be, because I've been trying to do it for about 20 years now and I've still not gotten it right.

Le Sigh.